Monday 3 August 2009

Cosplay Ball

I was dead chuffed when I won this EBay item, it was really good value and a very cute dress, perfect for the cosplay ball. But when it arrived this morning, I was ecstatic : D

The fabric is exquisite shot silk and of very high quality, the colour is fabulous Emerald green (you either love or hate green) I simply adore it! I took in the waist in to 28" and added the bows on the sleeves, other wise this dress is simply perfect.

After rooting around in my costume jewellery box I found that perfect bronze/gold necklace and matched it with some small drop earrings. The earrings have pearls in so I will put a string of pearls in my hair and a cream wrap to match. [closer look]

My mother in law has a beautiful Thai silk scarf that I might borrow and I'll also wear my gold set navy cameo broach, although I'm not sure where on the dress, maybe pinned to my bag?
I doubt my mother will let me borrow her sapphire again >_> Not to fancy dress ball anyway!

I feel sorry for the bride-to-be who had to sell these dresses due to her bridesmaids falling pregnant and the amount of money she has lost; they cost over £200 new and I go this dress at a steal for £18. BUT I am dead chuffed with my newest aquisition, thank you so much Jude! With my hair up in a classy do, some perfectly shaped cream courts, wrap and clutch bag I am sure to be the Belle of the ball : )

1 comment:

  1. Hello, you have the most fabulously wonderful site here and I had to leave this comment for you ! Your posts are beautifully written, creative and original too, and you have interesting pictures.

    It's all perfect !

    Thank you for sharing your site and best wishes.... 'Happy September'....

    ReplyDelete