Thursday 25 February 2010

Aayla Secura

I love Star Wars almost as much as I love costumes, so its obvious to say that the two have crossed paths on more than one occasion. In the past few years gathered together a Leia & Han costumes for myself and my husband a few new years back, I have several light sabres, a Padame jumpsuit and also as a particular feature in this blog; my favourite ever Jedi: Aayla Secura.

Now bear in mind I had only 2 days in which to make this costume, and as I dislike wearing full body paint (for those of you who don't know, Aayla is blue skinned) especially in a night club so there is a little poetic licence and imagination needed here.

I had trouble finding decent reference pictures but it is an acceptable likeness, unlike the other costumes I listed above I was actually correctly recognised whilst wearing this costume. This was in a night club not at a convention . . . !

I like the belt best,
I also added a handbag; attached to the belt like a pouch to carry my camera, coin purse, mobile and other essentials. And I am particularly proud of my stuffed tights brain tails : D The later unfortunately didn't last all night, the ribbons kept slipping down and I don't know if you have ever tried to mosh with a head piece on but its not easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment