Friday 30 January 2009

Karen Millen


Near where we now live is an outlet shopping center with lots of designer and brand names, most of the clothes are last season and much cheaper. I saw a dress in a window and stopped dead, I thought it was gorgeous. I saw the name and thought, “Well of course, there are many dress’ I have admired from Karen Millen but they are always so expensive. But then it is the discount so maybe they are a bit cheaper, but then I will want to buy one.” I was torn and my husband sensed my uncertain thoughts and suggested we take a look.

Once in the store I found my size and was falling swiftly in love. The shape is classic, clinched in at the waist, which is great for my figure and its elegant style is spot on. The fabric is floaty and soft; the colour is a delicious mushroom with mauve trim, it is beautiful. The price tag says £85, and when Dave asks if I would like to try it on, my eyes light up! This probably mean’s he has accepted the possibility of buying it. After trying on several (there were faults on some and also some slight size differences) I found one that was perfect, if a little tight on the bust. Then it is confirmed, my beloved husband David says he will buy the dress for me for Christmas I am delighted! The only down side is the £60 cardigan is perfect for it and I would have to leave it behind.

Image hosted by servimg.com

The dress is marked at £85, which quite a lot for one cocktail dress, but it was marked from original price of £225, which is better than half price. When we get to the till the dress comes up as £50 and the cashier explains that often they don’t want to mark sale prices as it make them seem “cheap” (pretty stuck up if you asked me) so I ask if I can check the cardigan…it is £35 ^_^ I get both for the price Dave was willing to pay for the dress : D I skip around the rest of the shopping center, arm in arm with my superb husband happy to be dragged though sports shops looking at boxer shorts and running shoes. Not do I have a beautiful designer dress and cute cardigan but a bargain too, down to £85 from £345…it ticks all the right boxes and I could not be more delighted.

PS The second time I wore this dress I was back to my normal pre-wedding weight (yes I put more ON for the wedding instead of losing it, I’m not an ordinary girl >_<) so it now fits perfectly I really could not be happier ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment