Sunday 8 May 2011

Katrina and Spike

Many of you may know my all time favourite anime is Cowboy bebop, I just can't get enough of it. Its smooth style quirky characters with interesting back grounds and the super cool American blues soundtrack really give it an edge, its a cut above other animes.

This year I was planning to finally done the PVC hot-pants to cosplay as Faye Valentine, I'd lost over a stone at the end of the summer and was going to the gym regularly enough to regain my old flat stomach and was brave enough to agree to the skimpy outfit . . . but have now had a change of plan! We decided to start a family and no one will get to see that tiny tummy of mine as by the time the convention comes around ill be only 2 weeks from my due date lol
Instead I've got a purple dress to cosplay as an extra from the first episode of Cowboy Bebop, Asteroid Blues. Her name is Katrina and she is the GF of a drug smuggler with a bounty on his head, I'd always loved her busty dress and swarthy Mediterranean look. She has some chemistry with Spike, but sadly her sob story doesn't have a very happy ending!
I wanted to make a suit for Dave to be Spike but with Katrina he wears a poncho and sombrero for half the epsiode so I can miss off the complicated suit jacket. It should be easy enough to make trousers and source the accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment